Student Event Support Staff (Up to 11 Positions)- Department of Athletics and Recreation *REPOSTED*
ASAP – April 30, 2022 (Term may be extended or reduced depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
$13.00 - $15.75 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay) (Rate of pay dependent upon position)
The Athletics & Recreation Department requires energetic, enthusiastic and sport-minded Student Event Support Staff for a variety of positions with duties that include working at event and varsity home game days for all sports. Our employees are front-line customer service professionals who strive to provide patrons great experience. Student Event Support Staff are part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, work hard and take pride in their work.
Please note: In the event there is no Atlantic University Sport 2021/2022 season there may be a reduction of home games requiring Student Event Support Staff.
- Must be able to carry / move / set-up sporting equipment. Physical labour may be required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, dependable, energetic, courteous, with an ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with other team members as needed
- Experience in cash handling, sales and working with events is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with community/sport groups is considered an asset
- Ability to adjust to quickly changing, unexpected circumstances in event operations
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Current CPR and AED certification or agree to obtain this certification at own expense
Please review the Application form for more detail on the various roles responsibilities. All applicants must complete an Application Form and submit along with their cover letter and resume.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.