Student Office Assistant - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
May 1, 2022 – September 9, 2022
Residence Services is seeking one Residence Services Office Assistant for the summer to work full time to provide assistance and support to the Residence and Conference Services operation, particularly focused on coordinating the move-in of new residence students on September 2nd, 2022.
- Working with and providing assistance to the Assistant Manager, Residence Life for activities related to the students living in Residence
- Accepting payment from students for such things as printing or meal plans
- Accessing and operating software related to student accommodations, meal plans, and campus cards
- Receiving and responding to telephone, email or in-person inquiries,
- Receiving and routing of residence mail
- Contacting students regarding packages received and distribution of same
- Computer data entry regarding online residence maintenance requests
- Providing assistance to other Ancillary Services’ office staff as required
- Available to work up to and including the weekend of September 2-5th to oversee move-in operations for residence
- Strong customer service skills
- A professional and positive attitude, energetic, courteous
- Good telephone etiquette and attention to detail
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with UPEI’s Residence Buildings, the university campus, Charlottetown, and PEI
- Comfortable with computers with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience working with cash
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays and some evenings
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.