Community and Industry Outreach Coordinator - Work Integrated Learning and English Language Centre - Student Experience Hub
Commensurate with qualifications and experience (Grant Funded)
The mandate of the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) unit is to expand the range of experiential and work-integrated learning opportunities for UPEI students. Working closely with Career Services, Co-operative Education and other members of the WIL team, the primary responsibility of the Industry and Community Outreach Coordinator will be to develop and maintain a network of community and industry partners to build institutional capacity and support the UPEI community in a range of WIL/Experiential Learning initiatives. The ultimate goal is to support students’ successful transition to career or graduate studies through the development of transferable skills.
- Develop and support a network of community and industry partners to engage with university students and program participants in experiential learning
- Establish and maintain a database of community partnerships and act as a resource centre for the WIL unit to support faculty
- Maintain regular contact with employer/partners to provide support and assist in navigating any challenge
- Facilitate student experiential and work-integrated placements for both academic and non-academic programs including the development of a work plan with learning outcomes or developmental threshold
- Provide resources and assist students by coaching, guiding, and finding best-fit placements
- Assist in raising awareness of the benefits of experiential learning – connecting theory and practice – for students, employers, educators, and community
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- Experience in a partnership development, recruitment or hiring environment with knowledge of employability skills·
- Demonstrated initiative in developing relationships with community members to encourage engagement with UPEI students
- Demonstrated ability in employing intercultural competencies, diplomacy, and tact
- Experience working in an educational or similar setting with international students, EAL speakers, and people with disabilities and an enjoyment of working with both individuals and within a team to meet goals
- Excellent communication skills to ensure clear expectations, roles, and responsibilities and to maintain positive relationships among and between internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of professionalism and ability to quickly assess situations and make evidence-based judgements to benefit student and relationships with employer-partners
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.