Administrative Assistant - Comptroller's Office
Commensurate with qualifications
March 2, 2020 until July 31, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Comptroller’s Office is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join their team. This position will provide support to the daily administration in the Comptroller’s Office; therefore, the ideal candidate needs to be confident, friendly, enjoy working in a fast pace environment and have strong organizational skills.
Under the supervision of the Comptroller, the successful candidate will:
- Support the central administration of the UPEI contract process – including contract flow and database management
- Provide procedural advice and basic steps to UPEI staff regarding UPEI contract processes
- Manage many daily inquiries (internal and external) that are received in the Comptroller's Office and direct individuals to the proper area of the University to address their questions
- Provide advice to the University community on standard insurance (vehicle, property & liability) procedures
- Provide general administrative support to other Comptroller’s Office staff and reception services to the area
- Provide back-up support to the VP Administration and Finance as needed
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation and successful completion of a post-secondary program from a recognized educational institution in a related office studies program with one year related experience; an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in word processing, electronic information systems, spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and composition
- Accuracy; attention to detail
- Experience with paying invoices and checking budgets
- Clear understanding of the importance of discretion and confidentiality
- Effective communication skills (verbal and in writing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.