MTS Level 6 With Market Adjustment to MTS Level 7 - Medical Laboratory Technologist - Clinical Pathology - Biochemistry Laboratory - Department of Diagnostic Services - Atlantic Veterinary College
$59,900 to $65,850 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The Department of Diagnostic Services seeks application from medical laboratory technologists for a permanent position in the Biochemistry section of the Clinical Pathology Laboratory.
- The position involves receiving and analyzing sample submissions from the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Veterinary Clinics and Researchers
- Tasks include entry of patient demographics and sample test requests into a computerized laboratory management system
- Harvesting sera from the sample submissions and organizing (bar coding/redirecting, etc.) the sera for specific testing, performing Quality Control procedures and interpreting appropriately, verifying diagnostic test results, and troubleshooting equipment issues
- The incumbent must alternate between bench work that includes performing urinalysis, testing serologies, and preparing mail out samples and operating the Cobas C501 chemistry analyzer
- This position is also required to provide technical support for the Endocrinology and Hematology sections of the Clinical Pathology Lab as needed
- Medical Laboratory Technologist designation with certification from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
- One year of recent diagnostic experience in a clinical chemistry laboratory setting
- BSc would be an asset
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication skills
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation
- Familiarity with quality control protocols
- Excellent bench skills are essential
- The ability to work under minimum supervision, to multitask and to troubleshoot technical issues at the bench and instrument level is desirable
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.