PA Level 8 - Systems Analyst (2 Positions) - Information Technology Systems and Services
$64,793 to $71,253 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
UPEI requires two experienced systems analysts to support the implementation and ongoing operations of our enterprise IT systems. The systems analyst provides analysis and systems support for the various enterprise IT systems of the university in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments.
Working as part of the Project Team, the Systems Analysts will be responsible for providing systems analysis and programming support to a variety of functional areas of the university. Areas of responsibility will include reporting, security, data access, programming, and assisting with the deployment and configuration of system modules. Most of the time during the development cycle is spent in the analysis and design phases, rather than in the coding phase.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Assist with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Works closely with business systems analysts to develop IT solutions
- Create system design proposals
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
- Responsible for the legacy data file extracts in support of programmatic conversions
- Ad hoc reporting
- Office 365 operations
- Colleague Studio design and development
- System and process analysis and documentation
- Consulting and advising ERP stakeholders across the university
- Active Directory Operations
- A post-secondary degree in the field of computer science, science, management information systems, or business administration and 3 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with implementing and operating Microsoft Office 365 and Active Directory
- Experience programming in some higher-level symbolic language - in an object-oriented programming language, such as C ++ or Java
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience at negotiation and compromise when working with groups, this results in an increased focus on an analyst role, so that enhancements or modifications to Colleague are “designed” rather than programmed
- A Microsoft certification (e.g MCSE) and or professional certification in project management (CAPM/PMP) would be considered an asset
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service is a fundamental requirement for this position
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.