ADS Level 4 - Administrative Assistant - Department of Development and Alumni Engagement
$43,633 to $47,978 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
February 10, 2020 – February 10, 2021 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Development and Alumni Engagement is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a full-time term Administrative Assistant to support the activities and services of the department. The work involves a wide variety of tasks that are deadline driven and are of a confidential nature.
- Provide administrative assistance to the department
- Provide front office reception, telephone/reception, first point of contact with alumni, donors and potential donors
- Responsible for contacting alumni and donors to setup meetings and send invitations to events
- Responsible for tracking and circulating scholarships and award gift agreements
- Provide assistance for coordination of department events and projects, such as alumni framing
- Responsible for the receipt and editing of student donor reports and any follow up required
- Enter and upload information in the Raisers’ Edge data base, create new files, update donor information, names, mailing address
- Organize department meetings and record meeting minutes
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 plus successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program
- Minimum one year work experience in a related area
- Demonstrated experience with database and common software programs; e.g., Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic calendars
- Demonstrated abilities to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) and customer service skills
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, work to deadlines, as well as organize and prioritize workload
- Familiarity with the university environment, policies, procedures and Raisers’ Edge software; would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.