Student Assistant - Office of Recruitment and International Relations - Student Experience Hub
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – August 31, 2022
The Recruitment and International Student Office is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. The assistant(s) will report to the Senior International Student Advisor. This position will focus on providing support to all areas of the Recruitment and International Student Office.
- Greet students in a friendly manner, answer inquiries and direct students to the appropriate staff person
- Assist with research and planning for current and future projects
- Assist in the creation of marketing material- print based and electronic
- Assist in maintaining filing systems and databases
- Coordinate and assist with on campus and online events and the promotion of said events. Help to maintain the International Student Office social media outlets
- Answer phones/email and respond to routine correspondence
- Assist incoming students with travel and self-isolation requests and provide support during their PEI two-week isolation period.
- Perform other duties as required
- The successful candidate will ideally be in second or third year, have cross-cultural experience and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
- This position requires strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), cultural competence and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently. Must be willing to work the occasional weekend or evening for special events
- The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and comfortable working with a diverse student body
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.