MTS Level 7 - Kinesiologist - UPEI Health and Wellness Centre
$57,570 to $63,286 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
January 20, 2020 to June 25, 2021 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Health and Wellness Centre is seeking a Kinesiologist to assist to plan, deliver and evaluate the CHANGE program in a number of communities across the province.
The CHANGE (Canadian Health Advanced by Nutrition and Graded Exercise) program is a unique lifestyle intervention program created by the metabolic Syndrome Canada organization (www.metsc.ca). The goals of the program are to:
- Provide primary care providers with the tools they need to offer effective, lasting, lifestyle interventions to patients with or at risk of metabolic syndrome
- Improve components of metabolic syndrome, diet quality and physical activity levels
- Empower participants to make long-term changes for overall well-being of patients
- Complete screening and baseline testing of participants
- Oversee exercise testing and prescription for patients enrolled in the CHANGE program across the province
- Assist to plan, deliver and evaluate the CHANGE Program in a number of communities across Prince Edward Island over the next 12-15 months.
- Work closely with a Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse and students to recruit patients, book space, deliver the program, input patient data/test scores, report on progress and assist with program evaluation
- Provide exercise screening, assessment and counselling of clients with or at risk of Metabolic Syndrome
- Oversee student placements
- Participate in research team meetings
- Data entry will be required
- Minimum qualifications include a B.Sc. in Kinesiology and CSEP-CPT certification
- Must have CEP certification
- Proficiency in collection of human physiological and biomechanical data
- Experience in exercise screening, assessment, and counselling
- Must have sound knowledge of primary care principles, population health, and behavior change theory
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations based on established, evidence-based exercise guidelines is essential
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of group dynamics, and principles of adult education.
- Must be proficient at computer skills, such as word processing, Excel, presentation software, internet.
- A commitment to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be willing to travel across PEI
- Experience working on projects or project planning is considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.