Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – April 30, 2022
The Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering is seeking applicants for a student research assistant to work with Dr. Andrew Swingler covering the topic of Sustainable Energy.
- Designing and building experimental lab apparatus
- Operational management of Dr. Swinger’s Sustainable Energy Lab
- Undergraduate student enrolled at UPEI
- Background and Interest in Sustainable Energy
- Excellent hands-on skills
- Competence in Arduino programming and electronics
- MATLAB proficiency
- Familiarity with electrical power systems and electric machines
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.