ADS Level 5 - Accounts Payable Clerk - Financial Services
$45,224 to $49,769 per annum prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until January 29, 2021 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the University is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide timely and efficient office related support services in the Payment Services section of Financial Services.
- Process supplier invoices for payment
- Process travel and expense claims
- Verify information for accuracy and follow up on incomplete documentation
- Apply appropriate HST provisions
- Reconciliation of internal and external documentation on a regular basis
- Answer inquiries from departments, suppliers and others both verbally and in writing, in a timely manner
- Handling and filing of electronic and/or paper documents
- Sound knowledge of departmental and University regulations, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 year post-secondary program with a focus in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years accounts payable experience, preferably in a University or similar setting
- Detailed knowledge of and experience working with computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and efficiently manage time to meet given deadlines
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.