Graduate Student Research Assistants (Up to 2 Positions)- Inuit - Faculty of Education
$23.45 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – July 1, 2022
Dr. Kathy Snow is seeking two Inuit Graduate level Research assistants to research project “Effective Educators for successful students: an investigation of the preparation and resiliency of northern educators. The successful candidate must be willing to work at a distance with research co-investigators based in Ontario and Manitoba.
- Support the Inuit educator advisory committee
- Read, analyze and review jurisdictional scan in relation to historical/current context and research questions
- Co-author synopsis material (articles and revisions to interjurisdictional reports) based on the intersecting work of previous project/year and current year
- Conduct interviews with northern educators, aid in the facilitation of focus groups
- Communicate regularly with supervisor
- Must be enrolled in graduate program at UPEI
- First hand knowledge of education/teaching in at least one of the four Inuit regions in Canada
- Knowledge of Inuktitut (100% fluency is not required)
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English for academic purposes, and adjust writing based on mentoring and editing from supervisor
- Skilled at attending to detail in research and writing
- Ability to organize information using a provided template in Microsoft Word or Excel
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information from multiple sources to make accurate and representative claims
- Ability to identify gaps in data or evidence
- Proficiency with APA citation formatting
- candidate may be asked to provide writing sample in order to demonstrate fulfillment of some of the below criteria
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.