Student Assistant - Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts *REPOSTED*
February – April, 2019
The Philosophy Department is looking for a third or fourth year student majoring or minoring in Philosophy to serve as a Student Assistant for Phil 205/Bus 213: Business Ethics. This course will be taught by Dr. Glen Melanson.
- Marking tests featuring short answer questions, marking writing assignments
- Marking a final exam featuring short answer and essay questions
- Reading selected parts of the class textbook and sitting in on selected classes
- Some background in philosophy related to ethics and business or a background in business studies with some study of philosophy is required
- Must be dependable and efficient
Please include in your resume a listing of the Philosophy, Business, Political Studies and DSJS courses you have taken and grade achieved.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applicants from Competition #147S18 need not apply.