Research Coordinator - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science (Grant Funded) *Amended*
$32.33 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded) (Off Scale)
January 2, 2020 to April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Members of the Department of Applied Human Sciences will be offering exercise programs for patients with cancer and other chronic diseases. They are seeking highly motivated and responsible people to oversee these exercise programs.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and oversee exercise testing and prescription for patients with breast cancer and other chronic diseases. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Screening potential study participants for eligibility
- Enrolling eligible participants in the program
- Performing baseline assessments of musculoskeletal and aerobic fitness
- Developing appropriate exercise programs for study participants
- Entering data into study database
- Working with AHS faculty, staff and students to ensure the project is successfully completed.
- A degree in Kinesiology or a related field
- Advanced fitness certification (e.g. CSEP CEP, ACSM CEP or equivalent)
- Experience overseeing exercise programs
- Training and experience related to exercise during and after cancer treatment will be considered assets
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.