Research Coordinator - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faulty of Science (Grant Funded)
$59,000 per annum, plus 4% vacation pay as per CUPE 1870 (Off Scale) (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible until December 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
Members of the Department of Applied Human Sciences will be offering Physical Demands Analyses and Ergonomic Assessments for workers in PEI. They are seeking a highly motivated and responsible person to oversee this program.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and oversee Physical Demands Analyses and Ergonomic Assessments for workers in a variety of occupations. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Working with Island employers to identify positions that would benefit from Physical Demands Analyses or Ergonomic Assessments
- Performing Physical Demands Analyses and Ergonomic Assessments, and completing summary reports for Island employers and the Workers Compensation Board
- Tracking the number of Analyses and Assessments completed at each business
- Evaluating the impact of this program on injury rates for Island workplaces
- Working with AHS faculty, staff and students to ensure the project is successfully completed.
- A degree in Kinesiology or a related field
- Must be a member of Kinesiology PEI, or eligible to become a member
- Must have experience performing Physical Demands Analyses and Ergonomic Assessments
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Must be able to obtain a successful police background/criminal-record check
- Works highly independently and can follow detailed protocols with minimal supervision
- Excellent ability to plan, coordinate and establish work priorities
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; comfortable using an online system to coordinate and implement a research project
- Advanced certifications related to ergonomics or fitness training will be considered assets
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.