Development Officer - Department of Development and Alumni Engagement
Commensurate with qualifications
January 6, 2020 to December 31, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Development and Alumni Engagement is seeking an effective fundraising professional to join our team. As a member of a high-performing, results-oriented department, this individual will play an active role in the development and execution of all major gift fundraising initiatives for the University of Prince Edward Island.
- Work closely with department staff in developing a meaningful development strategy based on fundraising priorities
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations on behalf of the university
- In collaboration with Board members and senior officials, identify and manage a portfolio of prospects and current donors with major gift capacity, including ongoing stewardship activities, in order to create and maximize financial contributions and enhance relationships between donors and UPEI
- Collaborate with senior officials to establish private fundraising priorities and advise on trends in the philanthropic world
- Collaborate with members of the department to ensure effective and timely management of prospect portfolios and donor stewardship activities
- Responsible for Major Gift Portfolio Fundraising and Liaison with Department. To manage reactive gifts in-bound to departments, and to maintain a relationship with the departments on campus.
- In the management of their donor portfolio, will assign duties to staff members as required
- Minimum four year undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum three year demonstrated track record in cultivating constituent relations and securing gifts in capital and major gift campaigns. Experience in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Word. Proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in making highly effective presentations to groups and individuals
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.