ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Centre for Health and Community Research - Faculty of Business
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible for a one-year term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR) invites applications for the position of a full-time Administrative Assistant. This position is key in providing administrative and operational support to the CHCR, the Secure Island Data Repository, and other CHCR research entities and staff.
This position reports to the CHCR Director and requires a positive, customer-service and detail-oriented incumbent with a high degree of interpersonal skills, good judgement, and professionalism. This is a very active role.
- Providing operational and administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the Centre’s research activities
- Representing the CHCR as the initial point of personal, electronic, and telephone contact, presenting a professional and congenial image to the public, faculty, students, and other university staff; providing accurate and timely customer/client service for all inquiries, internal and external, and using good judgement in referring inquiries and issues to appropriate areas as needed
- Arranging internal and committee meetings; preparing and compiling meeting materials/information; drafting minutes and following up on action items in a timely manner, as required
- Monitoring and updating the Centre’s website; creating social media posts, maintaining posting schedule, and populating the Centre’s social media account(s) (e.g., Twitter)
- Arranging and maintaining well-organized information tracking systems such as research and data request tracking, schedules, physical and electronic filing systems, email management, and training schedules
- Monitoring and assessing purchasing needs and ordering approved purchases; tracking orders and organizing applicable documentation
- Coordinating the set-up of offices and other Centre-related spaces; administering all room bookings and office changes
- Coordinating travel arrangements and expense claims for the Centre’s staff and its Director
- Preparing, editing, and formatting correspondence, reports, forms, spreadsheets, etc. using software appropriate to the Centre; submitting, monitoring, and maintaining administrative forms needed to meet operational needs
- Ensuring sensitive and confidential information is maintained in a professional manner
- Maintaining knowledge of UPEI, CHCR, and SIDR policies and procedures, and organizational structures to respond effectively to internal inquiries and various stakeholders
- Providing support to SIDR clients and staff with respect to application processes, ensuring all required documents are completed and properly routed, etc.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Experience working in an academic research environment would be a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills with significant software experience (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.); experience updating websites (e.g., Grav or Wordpress) and using html an asset. Demonstrated ability to learn new programs with ease would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high level of diplomacy, judgment, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated skills in delivering excellent customer service, including initiative, problem solving, analytical skills and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, multi-task, and work under pressure to deliver exceptional service
- Detail oriented, and strong organizational and document management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.