Student Tutorial Assistants (Up to 5 Positions) - Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 20, 2021 – December 31, 2021
The Psychology Department is seeking applications for the positions of student lab/tutorial leaders for the Statistics and Research Design I (Psychology 2780).
- Attending training and orientation sessions
- Working alone or in pairs, with another student leader, to lead weekly lab sessions in Psychology 2780, Statistics and Research Design I; each leader, or pair of leaders, will normally be responsible for two lab sections (of up to 10 students each) per week
- Initial review of and feedback on student assignments and reports
- Ongoing communication with lab coordinator
- All applicants will have successfully completed Psychology 2780 and 2790 and ideally will have completed 3740 (Advanced Qualitative Methods)
- Strong written and oral communication skills are expected
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliability and dependability are a must
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.