ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Faculty of Indigenous Knowledge, Education, Research, and Applied Studies (IKERAS)
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to April 30, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Faculty of Indigenous Knowledge, Education, Research and Applied Studies (IKERAS) requires an Administrative Assistant to join the team in the Faculty of IKERAS to provide receptionist and administrative support to the Dean, Faculty Director of Undergraduate programs, full- and part-time faculty and students. The successful applicant will report to the Dean but will work in collaboration with a strong administrative support team whose primary goal is to provide high-quality support to the Dean, Director of Undergraduate Programs, faculty, and students.
The successful candidate will liaise with external Metis, First Nation and Inuit communities and knowledge of Indigenous protocols and ways of knowing is important part of the position. A working knowledge of Mi’kmaq is an advantage. Proven membership within the Metis, First Nation or Inuit community is an asset.
- Provide reception duties for the Faculty of IKERAS, which includes but not limited to: greeting the public, screening calls, distributing in-coming and out-going mail and answering or re-directing queries by phone and email
- Maintain and organize the reception area in Faculty of IKERAS
- Monitor the faculty website to ensure it is updated and accurate
- Liaise with academic and support departments across campus
- Organize meetings, book rooms, prepare agendas, record, and distribute minutes
- Maintain updated lists of committee memberships and provide support to committees
- Submit and follow-up on maintenance requests
- Monitor schedules and appointments; book travel and prepare itineraries
- Prepare and monitor requisitions for payment
- Assist with preparation of forms and documents for the undergraduate programs
- Maintain filing systems
- Order and maintain department supplies
- Monitor and schedule the maintenance of general office equipment
- Answer student inquiries with respect to programs, course offerings, and timetable
- Maintain up to date distribution lists and the Faculty of IKERAS directory
- Coordinate the collection of course outlines
- Assist and coordinate the organization of conferences, workshops, and other special events and activities organized through the Faculty of IKERAS
- Prepare paperwork for faculty, staff, and student hires
- Organize the hiring of student markers
- Assist with the space allocation within the Faculty of IKERAS
- Monitor, publish and coordinate on all social media platforms for the Faculty of Business
- Coordinate, administer and distribute student opinion of teaching surveys
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Grade 12 graduation and successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in a related area, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge and skills in word processing, email, internet searching, database management and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs)
- Demonstrated knowledge and confidence using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) to help manage the Faculty of IKERAS online presence and posts
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and office management skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team and take initiative where appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to maintain co-operative and respectful interpersonal relationships in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work, and function professionally in a high-pressure, deadline and deliverables-oriented environment
- Familiarity with UPEI’s regulations and policies will be considered be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.