MTS Level 6 - Laboratory Instructor - Department of Biology - Faculty of Science
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
The Department of Biology at the University of Prince Edward Island invites applications from individuals interested in instructing laboratories in the following Biology labs in the 2022 Fall Semester: Human Anatomy and Histology - Bio 2260.
- Assisting with lab set-up/take down, teaching, marking, maintaining safe laboratory conditions, keeping attendance, and participating in lab assessments
- Must have experience with human anatomy, human histology, and dissection
- Attendance at lab setup sessions and lab teaching as scheduled is obligatory, on a weekly basis for the duration of the Fall semester. The incumbent will work under the direction of the lab coordinator
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Science in Biology or a similar program
- Applicants must possess good communication skills
- Must be WHMIS trained or be willing to take the training
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.