ADS Level 6 - Accounts Payable Clerk - Financial Services
$49,047 to $53,962 per annum as per CUPE 1870
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the University is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide timely and efficient office related support services in the Accounts Payable unit of Financial Services.
- Process supplier invoices for payment including payments to international suppliers through wire transfers and US currency cheques
- Application of withholding tax and T4A and T4A-NR requirements when processing payments
- Application of CBSA regulations and other custom obligations related to importation of goods and services when processing payments
- Understand and apply appropriate HST provisions including rebates, input tax credits and self-assessment when processing payments
- Process travel and expense claims
- Reconcile internal and external accounts and documentation on a regular basis in a quick and accurate manner
- Address inquiries from departments, suppliers and others both verbally and in writing in a timely and professional manner
- Verify information for accuracy and follow up on incomplete documentation
- Sound knowledge of departmental and University regulations and policies and their application
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Other duties as required
- Successful completion of a two year business administration or accounting program (clearly indicate start/end dates)
- Minimum of 3 years accounts payable experience, preferably in a University or similar setting
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, computerized accounting systems. Must have strong Excel or other spreadsheet experience
- Working knowledge of Canadian tax laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of Customs, CBSA and related government guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and efficiently manage time to meet given deadlines
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.