ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant (Grant Funded) - School of Climate Change and Adaptation
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum pro rated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until August 15, 2023
The Canadian Centre for Climate Change & Adaptation (CCCCA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support services to the UPEI School of Climate Change and the CCCCA. Based at the Centre in St. Peter’s Bay, this is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks, including the coordination of and communication with the CCCCA Advisory Board.
- Provide first point of contact for inquiries to the Associate Dean
- Provide general administrative support to the Associate Dean, including financial, personnel, and administrative functions
- Coordinate the Associate Dean’s calendar by arranging appointments, meetings, and travel
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents
- Coordinate and communicate meetings of the CCCA Advisory Board
- Update and maintain the class directories and student email distribution lists for programs
- Coordinate, attend, and record minutes for the meetings
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of the budget and perform general accounting duties
- Update and maintain the program websites
- Support the coordination of classes, special events, and meetings including scheduling, booking space and catering
- Assist with the development and up keep of promotional materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements for instructors and guest speakers
- Respond to general inquiries
- Maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system
- Compile faculty and course evaluations
- Liaise with the Registrar’s Office, Accounting, and other university departments
- Assist with coordination of associated Research Projects
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment
- Other duties as required
Successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area, plus a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information while adhering to FOIPP regulations is considered an asset
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, process, and document management skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, particularly in delivering client services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, or equivalent applications. Experience using Recruit and Colleague program software is considered an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of ethical standards of integrity, fairness, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and inclusion and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Culturally competent communication and cross-cultural understanding
- Ability to work well within in a team environment, as well as independently, and able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, energy, and positivity in their work
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.