Administrative Office Manager - Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR) (Grant Funded)
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
As soon as possible for One (1) Year Term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR) at the University of Prince Edward Island seeks applications for the position of Administrative Office Manager. The primary responsibility of the successful applicant will be the administrative management of all CHCR research activities in order to meet obligations to our funders, partners, research participants, and the University of Prince Edward Island. The ideal candidate will be motivated by the entrepreneurial challenge of helping to further develop this unique research centre.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Manage the administrative aspects of multiple research projects, including adhering to operational policies/procedures, managing budgets, tracking and reconciling expenses, preparing analysis and forecasts, purchasing equipment/supplies, and organizing meetings and events
- Initiate and manage the documentation to be completed by the CHCR and its staff
- Coordinate internal and external research communications with UPEI Communications, MSSU Communications, and other media
- Coordinate the review of research contracts with the funders and university staff, be familiar with contractual agreements, and ensure requirements are met
- Provide funders and authorities with regular reports and updates as required
- Help to identify opportunities for future funding, assist with the development of funding applications, and manage the award acceptance process
- Work closely with the Director, Research Project Manager, and the Research Scientist to plan and support the ongoing work of the CHCR
- Provide administrative support for the development and operation of the Secure Island Data Repository (SIDR) (e.g., review of policies and procedures, processing applications, assisting with documentation, etc.)
- Create and maintain electronic and paper file management systems
- Supervision of staff
- Other administrative duties as required
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant area
- Minimum of one year of relevant administrative experience in a research setting
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent time management, organizational, and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, supervisory experience, and the ability to work with others in a cooperative and collaborative manner
- Experience working with university, government, and community agencies and demonstrated success in managing relationships
- Relevant experience managing the administrative aspects of research projects and research grant applications
- Demonstrated experience in financial management of research budgets
- Proven record of implementing organizational visions and strategies
- Ability to assess difficult situations and make timely, effective decisions based upon analysis, consultation, experience, and judgement
- Knowledge of UPEI processes, systems, and regulations will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.