Student Assistant - Student Affairs
September 2018 – August 30, 2019
Student Affairs requires a student assistant to work in the Department of Student Affairs. This student assistant will work with all staff in the department and report to the Coordinator of the Gateway Program. Hours will vary depending on the week and the needs of the department.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of individuals who provide:
• On-going academic, transition and social support for students
• Academic mentoring of students
• Scheduling meetings with students
• Giving information to students about department
• Scanning of textbooks for Kurzweil software
• Organizing and advertising Mental Health First Aid and ASIST programs to our campus
• Social Media monitoring
• Working with Student Loans and helping students navigate the system.
• Work with Coordinators of programs to plan and implement new and engaging items for students
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Self-motivated student
• Excellent organization, time management and study skills techniques
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Student centered, dependable and reliable
• Strong computer and Moodle skills
• Knowledge of disability related issues and provision of support services considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.