ADS Level 6 - Client Accounts and Billing Representative - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) at the Atlantic Veterinary College is seeking applicants to fill a full-time permanent Client Accounts and Billing Representative position. As a member of the Client Services team, this position will have primary responsibility for the management for client accounts and billing processes, working with utmost professionalism to ensure that they occur in accordance with VTH policies and in compliance UPEI policies.
- Coordinate the Veterinary Teaching Hospital’s (VTH’s) accounts receivables under the direction of the VTH Administration team
- Assess and evaluate individual client and business accounts with outstanding balances and work with the Client Billing Representative to contact clients and arrange full collection of outstanding balances
- Scrutinize accounts to generate a pre-collection list and contact clients regarding their account status
- Act as primary liaison with debt collections agency for referral of VTH client accounts and ongoing management of debt collection
- Review and adjudicate account payments, bankruptcy notifications, and offers for partial payments with direction from VTH Administration
- Work with client services team, hospital services and clients to ensure VTH accounts, billing and payment policies are strictly adhered to
- Review and assess patient medical records for incomplete or inaccurate billing processes. Work closely with clinicians, technical staff, and hospital administration to review and maintain accurate invoices for complex patient billing within the VTH’s electronic medical records system. Maintain accurate client records and communication logs
- Maintain detailed information on internal account activities and transactions for UPEI departments and research projects to be reconciled with UPEI accounting
- Ensure monthly account run deadlines are adhered to by all VTH service departments prior to running monthly account statements. Review individual account statements, identify and address any discrepancies
- Act as the primary VTH contact for client communication (in-person, phone calls and/or email) to discuss billing questions and concerns. Lead on the investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies and concerns
- Liaise with external financing companies to facilitate client financing applications
- Facilitate both direct and indirect billing with pet insurance providers and ensure collection of all outstanding accounts associated with insurance claims
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliations for the VTH
- Support the front-end client services team, and generate client invoices
- Maintain professional interactions at all times, including during emotional/stressful situations
- Participate in training of new client service staff, technical staff, house officers and clinicians with a focus on billing processes and payment collection
- Other duties in support of VTH accounts and billing processes, as required
- May include occasional evening/weekend/holiday/university closure work as required for continuity of hospital operations
- Maintaining collegial and professional interactions and communication with colleagues, students, and clients at all times, including respecting patient/client confidentiality
- Grade 12 graduation with completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Business/accounting training and/or experience, with preference given to candidates with experience in a veterinary hospital setting
- Experience reviewing billing and aged accounts, resolving discrepancies, and collection of the outstanding accounts in a veterinary hospital setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft office suite with preference given to candidates with electronic medical record experience, particularly with RxWorks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated abilities in customer service and reception skills
- Demonstrated abilities to resolve conflict and complex financial disputes
- Veterinary/medical terminology diploma or equivalent veterinary/clinical experience
- Preference given to candidates with experience in a veterinary hospital reception or client services role
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.