ADS - Research Coordinator - Department of Chemistry - Faculty of Science (Grant Funded) (Off Scale)
$50,000 per annum, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded) (Off Scale)
September 16, 2022 to March 3, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Chemistry Department requires a Research Coordinator to assist with research projects in Materials Chemistry with Dr. Marya Ahmed.
The Research Coordinator will be primarily responsible for responsible for:
- Coordination and implementation of research projects
- Preparing and tracking research projects
- Working towards future funding opportunities
- Drafting reports, correspondence, and tracking research progress according to project timelines
- Writing manuscripts
- Performing experiments
- Data analysis
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Chemistry
- PhD in Chemistry with Postdoc experience in Polymer Chemistry would be considered an asset
- The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong writing and data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.