Manager Infrastructure and Security - Information Technology Systems and Services
$97,430 to $108,026 per annum
The Manager Infrastructure & Security reports to the CIO, providing operational and strategic direction to the information technology department, managing, maintaining, and supporting UPEI’s IT Infrastructure solutions and establishing and enforcing security and information technology direction. This position develops, implements, monitors, and maintains relevant standards and procedures for IT infrastructure related information security and operations. This position leads a team of IT professionals and oversees various projects as UPEI revitalizes its core infrastructure and security design.
- Ownership of the UPEI’s IT Infrastructure, including implementation, support, monitoring, patching, documentation, and maintenance. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, networking, servers, virtualization, storage, backups and replication, data center, cloud services, and Active Directory
- Analyze and resolve system/technology issues and needs
- Manage the activities of IT staff, including:
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and facilitate success of the team members
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with and conduct performance reviews for staff
- Collaborate with the IT Service Desk and IT Support teams, and other departments to prioritize and support their IT Infrastructure requirements
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the technology and security systems that support UPEI’s strategic goals
- Implement and maintain standards, procedures and goals that support the UPEI’s technology and security requirements
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of information security policies and procedures
- Assist with security threat and risk assessments to evaluate implemented controls and their effectiveness
- Contribute to the maintenance of inventory of all digital assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components
- Coordinate, facilitate, and consult with various internal groups on information systems, communications, and other initiatives to ensure that necessary security input has been provided into IT system processes
- Ensure that the information technology environment conforms to appropriate security standards and best practices and that implemented security configuration settings align with the UPEI’s enterprise security plan
- Hold team accountable for excellence and timeliness in service delivery
- Continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction for customers by determining and evaluating key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics
- Champion continuous improvement for people, process, and technology
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with UPEI campus stakeholders, IT staff members, and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience with emphasis on IT Infrastructure support and implementation, ideally in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with leadership responsibility
- Extensive experience in creating and managing enterprise security policy, procedures, and practices
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training
- Experience in managing a staff of 2 to 5 individuals as well as operational and capital budgets
- Experience in developing Technology Recovery Plans
- IT Network administration (including Wireless systems), with proven experience in a CISCO environment (experience with CISCO Software Defined Networking would be considered an asset
- Installation, configuration, and operation of infrastructure hardware and peripherals
- Proven knowledge of hosted and on-premise enterprise application ERP, reporting and infrastructure technologies
- Experience in leading organizational change management
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.