ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Information Technology Systems and Services
$50,249 to $ 55,299 per annum as per CUPE 1870
IT Systems & Services is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our fast-paced department. This individual will work closely with others to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Support the ITSS department and the campus community in the main areas of landline and mobile communications, ordering computers and phones, compile analytical summaries of the Student Opinion of Teaching surveys for faculty and their faculties detailed as follows:
- Provide general office duties for ITSS staff
- Answer telephone, email and direct walk-in inquiries
- Coordinate all adds, moves, repair and changes to landline phones on the campus including the setup of call trees, voicemail, conference bridges etc.
- Coordinate all mobile phone requests such as the purchase of new phones, repair, add to our provider portal, port numbers from external to UPEI number bank and oversee our loaner phones
- Create requisitions in Colleague for purchasing items for ITSS
- Receive items in Colleague
- Reconcile depot inventory to budget accounts including manual inventory controls and provide detailed and accurate monthly reports to Accounting
- Other duties as assigned
- One year post-secondary education in Office Studies or similar along with two years’ work experience in an office support role or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience is required.
In-depth knowledge in the following areas is also required:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Configuration and setup of mobile phones both Android and Apple IOS
- Configuration of call trees and voice mail features
- Asset management and inventory controls
- A strong commitment to excellent client service is a fundamental requirement for this position
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to continuous, self-directed learning is required
- Experience in landline telecommunications, electronic financial systems, procurement or statistical analysis software would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.