Alumni Engagement Coordinator - Department of Development and Alumni Engagement
Commensurate with qualifications
The Department of Development and Alumni Engagement enriches UPEI’s future by securing private philanthropic support. We foster donor-centered relationships and secure private funds to fuel excellence in student, faculty, and staff initiatives.
The department is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a full-time permanent Alumni Engagement Coordinator position.
- Coordinate and promote Alumni Engagement through events/programs; UPEI Annual Giving; milestone class reunions, and securing class gifts
- Lead coordinator for multiple events such as: Reunion Weekend, New Year’s Levee, Alumni and Friend Chapter events, Panther Golf Classic, Welcome Day, Homecoming, and other special alumni and friend events at UPEI. Responsible for promotion, advertisement, reporting, and budget management for these events
- Represent the alumni office at internal and external events
- Responsible for maintaining department website content relevant to UPEI Alumni
- Manage and update social media tools (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and engage alumni and friends
- Responsible for creating and soliciting content for the monthly Panther Connections E-newsletter. Will monitor statistics and produce quarterly reports
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify special projects and events
- Support alumni mentor program, address alumni inquiries, and ensure requests are completed as required and work with Alumni Association and Student Union
- Management of budgets
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, initiative, and flexibility
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in excel and social media
- Demonstrated experience to make highly effective formal and informal presentations to diverse groups, large and small
- Familiarity with the university environment, policies, procedures and Raisers’ Edge software; would be considered an asset
- A degree from UPEI would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.