Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships Officer - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$74,884 to $83,024 per annum, prorated to time and term
July 4, 2022 to April 30, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of a successful sponsorship/partnership plan that details all activities required to generate sponsorship and advertising revenue for the Department of Athletics and Recreation programs. The plan will support the mission, values, goals, and priorities of UPEI Athletics and Recreation.
This position is central to the revenue generation priorities of the Department. Through research of appropriate marketable properties, the incumbent will make strategic revenue generating recommendations to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Organizing, developing, and delivering a varied range of, projects or programs to assist with the funding requirements of Panther varsity programs
- Seeking community financial support to enhance UPEI’s major sporting events, i.e., U SPORTS Men’s Hockey Championship, Panther Golf Classic, Panther Celebration, Panther Hall of Fame, etc.
- Working directly with each team to assist with program fundraising initiatives
- Managing current sponsors, through stewardship and executing on contract deliverables
- Assisting with the development of promotional/collateral materials
- Liaising and working with relevant organizations or agencies including youth services, schools, clubs, sports coaches, and sports councils
- Organizing and undertaking market research
- Monitoring and assessing progress
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional partners:
- Department of Development and Alumni Engagement to ensure collaboration and follow all development policies
- Varsity Coaches and Varsity Coordinator to plan varsity events and fundraising initiatives
- Business Manager to develop program budgets
- Marketing and Communications to develop promotional/collateral materials
- Post-secondary degree
- A minimum of 5 years of sponsorship/partnership experience
- Outstanding leadership qualities, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with internal and external team supporters
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Good teamworking skills with a strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm/High Energy
- Knowledge of and rapport with local community members
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.