Project Coordinator - Internal Audit and Risk Management
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
November 18, 2019 to April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The University’s Internal Audit & Risk Management function is seeking a part-time Project Coordinator to work in cooperation with the Director, Internal Audit and Risk Management on the development of a UPEI Risk Register.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit and Risk Management, the successful candidate will be responsible to carry out the following duties:
- Collect, process and record confidential institutional information for inclusion in the UPEI Risk Register
- Liaise with senior leaders in departments and offices across the University to coordinate, facilitate and secure the submission of information requests
- Coordinate and attend meetings and maintain detailed records of all interviews, meetings and discussions
- Monitor timelines and schedules for completion of tasks
- Any other cognate duties as may be required
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary certificate or diploma in business administration, management studies, project management or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management concepts and internal controls will be an asset
- Demonstrated judgement, analysis and decision-making skills in dealing with sensitive and confidential materials
- Strong understanding of professional ethics & confidentiality
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Advanced Excel will be an asset
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.