ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Office of Study Abroad and International Collaboration (Grant Funded)
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible until June 30, 2021 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Administrative Assistant will be under the supervision of the Office of Study Abroad and International Collaboration (OSAIC). This position is responsible for supporting the functions of the all aspects the OSAIC. This position will assist in maximizing relationships with international students, other departments throughout campus, off-campus agencies, government departments and the rural communities throughout PEI to create opportunities for international students studying on PEI and help transition them into the island community.
- Assist with the delivery of a program that can be utilized within the three post-secondary educational institutions that connects international students to the community
- Increasing awareness and developing a communications campaign on the value of hiring graduate international students from PEI post-secondary institutions
- Assisting in the counsel, coaching and mentoring of international students related to their transitions to the PEI community and workforce
- Collaborating with the post-secondary institutions. Government departments and community partners to ensure complementarity of services
- Providing ongoing support/advice to students and monitoring their progress
- Conducting assessments of and identifying potential candidates for the Atlantic Canada Study & Stay PEI Program
- Recommending supports to assist students in navigating workforce processes
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree
- Demonstrated experience in working with post-secondary institutions, government departments, non-government agencies and private sector
- Experience developing, implementing and completing process evaluations for programs
- Prior experience delivering and promoting services to the public
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and communication (oral and written) skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty and external contacts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and sound judgement
- Knowledge of federal and provincial policies related to permanent residency pathways for international students
- Knowledge of computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc. is essential
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a dynamic and diverse environment with numerous interruptions and constantly changing priorities
- A valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle is necessary
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
- Additional relevant education would be considered an asset
- Experience publishing content and tracking results on popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.