ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistants (2 Positions) - UPEI Health and Wellness Centre
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to September 2, 2022 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The UPEI Health & Wellness Centre has recently transitioned to a new electronic medical record (EMR) and is looking for staff to assist with digitalizing our paper records. The nature of this position requires an individual who is efficient in a multi-tasking work environment, has high levels of competencies in office-related computer technologies. The incumbent will be expected to scan paper records, label them digitally and place into patient electronic records. This requires great concentration and attention to detail. The incumbent will be expected to provide back-up reception as the front desk at the UPEI Health & Wellness Centre, consequently we are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal skills.
Reporting directly to the Director of the UPEI Health & Wellness Centre the Administrative Assistant will:
- Scan/file designated reports (electronically) into the EMR
- Serve as a member of the UPEI Health & Wellness Centre team by providing back-up medical office reception services
- When back-filling at the desk, the incumbent will act as the initial point of contact with patients, family members and significant others
- Book appointments, answer telephone inquiries, and send out appointment reminders
- Prepare electronic/paper charts as required
- Collect/document statistics on the charts scanned
- Support efficient operation of the UPEI Health & Wellness Centre
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in office administration or medical support services program with two years related experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge/experience with medical/health terminology is recommended
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Moodle, MyUPEI, Email, and other major office-related software including internet searching and data management programs
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Possess intercultural competence and function as an effective member of the team
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Familiarity with university regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.