MTS Level 6 - Anatomy Lab Assistant - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
$27.84 per hour as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until November 22, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Biomedical Sciences seeks applications for a casual (~ 25 hrs/week) Anatomy Lab Assistant.
- Assist in preparation of anatomy and bone specimens as well as various solutions used in the process
- Cleaning the lab and associated areas as well as various equipment used in specimen preparation
- Handling and storage of various chemicals as well as other associated duties as required
- The position involves interacting with a diverse group of students during laboratory sessions.
- A minimum of a BSc in Biology is required
- The successful candidate should have knowledge of and experience with domestic animal anatomic specimens
- Ability to manage a teaching laboratory and prioritize laboratory use among diverse stake holders
- This individual must have the ability to work as a member of a team and independently as required.
- Other skills required include the capability to do repetitive work, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly. The work can be physically demanding, and may involve heavy lifting
- A DVM is not required but would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.