MTS Level 6 - Laboratory Instructor - School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences - Faculty of Science
$51,038 to $56,129 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
August 15, 2022 to May 15, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences seeks applications for the position of Laboratory Instructor.
- Acting as the instructor for Introductory Statistics Labs in R and Introductory Computer Science Labs in Python
- Assisting with higher level applied statistics labs as required, depending on qualifications
- Assisting faculty in the development and testing of lab exercises
- Providing pre-lab instruction and guidance for the completion of undergraduate labs
- Overseeing the grading of lab exercises and submission of grades to course instructors
- Supervising undergraduate student assistants, including those gaining work experience through the course MCS 3050 Tutoring in the Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Proctoring and marking of exams
- A Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science plus 2-years of work experience in a related field
- A Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is an asset
- Experience using R and Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.