MTS Level 6 - Kinesiology Laboratory Instructor - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science *Amended Closing Date*
$56,709 to $62,366 per annum, prorated to time and term, as per CUPE 1870
August 15, 2022 to April 30, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Department of Applied Human Sciences invites candidates to apply for a part-time position as a Kinesiology Laboratory Instructor.
- The successful candidate will be required to instruct laboratories in the kinesiology program, supporting delivery of undergraduate labs with the current full-time laboratory instructor/coordinator
- Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, teaching labs, setting-up labs, delivering labs, and marking
- It is expected that some of the labs will be delivered in the evenings meaning that availability to teach at those times is necessary
- Minimum qualifications include a B.Sc. in Kinesiology (or equivalent) plus 2-years work experience in a related field
- A Master’s degree in Kinesiology (or related area) and/or the possession of CPT/CEP certifications offered by the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology is an asset
- Ability to teach with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with kinesiology lab equipment
- Good time management skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.