ADS Level 4 - Administrative Assistant - Centre for Health and Community Research (Grant Funded)
$43,633 to $47,978 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
February 3, 2020 until June 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Centre for Health and Community Research is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support services to the various components of the CHRC Research portfolio. Reporting to the Administrative Office Manager of the CHCR and working as a member of a small team, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the faculty and staff working on the various CHCR programs of Research. This is a multifaceted and challenging role which includes a variety of tasks.
- Maintain online electronic and paper filing systems
- Maintain and monitor program and research budgets and financial transactions including reconciling credit card purchases, and completing hospitality, entertainment and other expense claims and staff reimbursements
- Complete invoices, purchase orders and requisitions in accordance with UPEI’s procurement policy
- Prepare the reconciliation of Hospitality, Entertainment and Other Expenses claims and prepare the vouchers in Colleague for reimbursement of staff purchases
- Book travel and complete travel claims
- Process contracts
- Draft letters and reports
- Maintenance of website and social media content
- Receive, organize, and distribute or respond to CHCR electronic and hard copy mail
- Organize office resources and order office supplies. Photocopy, print, and scan documents as required
- Complete and submit work orders as necessary
- Schedule and organize meetings; take and distribute meeting minutes; prepare and distribute meeting materials including agendas; book rooms
- Assist with completing reporting requirements for funders
- Perform other duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of one year of relevant work experience, preferably in a University environment (a bachelor’s degree would be considered an asset)
- Proficient using computers and software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sync, MyUPEI, and Google Applications (i.e. Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Drive, etc.) and internet searching
- Familiarity with UPEI regulations, policies, and systems including the financial program Colleague and UPEI’s purchasing and requisition system
- Demonstrated strong professional written and oral communication skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.