ADS Level 5 - Client Services Representative - Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Atlantic Veterinary College
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, prorated to term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible for Six (6) Month Term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital at the Atlantic Veterinary College is seeking applicants to fill a Client Services Representative position for a 6 month term with a possibility of extension.
- Process hospital admissions
- Schedule appointments via phone and in person
- Generate invoices and process payments
- Maintain accurate medical records for communication logs and billing
- Maintain professional interactions during emotional/stressful situations
- Assemble discharge information and process discharges
- Maintain client financial accounts within the confines of hospital financial policies
- Interact with and facilitate communication between clients, referring veterinarians, students, and hospital staff
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination training experience
- Business /accounting experience
- Strong computer and word processing abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated abilities in customer service and reception skills
- Medical terminology diploma or experience
- Preference given to candidates with experience in veterinary hospital reception or medical office reception
- Preference given to candidates with electronic medical record and electronic medical scheduling software experience
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.