Lead Campus Life Advisor - Online Programming - Student Affairs and the Webster Centre for Student Success
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – April 30, 2022
Student Affairs is currently seeking an individual to lead the online portion of the Campus Life Program for the 2022 academic semester. This CLA Lead will have the same responsibilities as the CLAs (supporting students and working duty nights in the Campus Life Lounge, receiving the CLA honorarium) and in addition, will be responsible for several other duties primarily to ensure the successful delivery of the Campus Life Program.
This CLA Lead will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate online programming and events
- Plan the online Campus Life Event Schedule for the remainder of the academic year
- Help manage the Campus Life Facebook Page and other social media platforms as required
- Support each CLA with their online events - individual check-in meetings with CLAs
- Be on-call in case a CLA has an emergency (can't come in for their shift/problem with the virtual lounge)
- Network with campus groups to collaborate on events
- Create online advertising for the Campus Life Program
- Assist with updating the Monthly Calendar
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Other duties in assisting with the delivery and promotion of the Campus Life Program as they arise throughout the semester
- Previous experience as a Campus Life Advisor, a definite asset 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student in Academic Good Standing
- Strong social media skills and demonstrates digital leadership
- Experience using Discord and other virtual platforms, a definite asset
- Excellent understanding of own interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
- Enjoys working with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrates creativity and problem‐solving skills
- Works effectively in a team and independently
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong English communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, is dependable and reliable
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.