Project Manager - Literacy and Numeracy Outreach Project - Faculty of Education *Reposted* *Amended*
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
UPEI Faculty of Education invites applications for the position of Project Manager for a literacy and numeracy outreach project. This full-time position will involve managing and assisting in the delivery of several initiatives to promote early literacy and numeracy in PEI. Projects in the first year include a play-based learning program for parents and children, after school tutoring, and summer camps. In subsequent years, these projects are expanded to also include one-on-one adult tutoring, mathematics workshops for children, and an adult digital literacy program. The Project Manager will assist in the planning and delivery of these programs.
- Hire and train personnel to deliver programs
- Manage and monitor budgets, financial transactions, and quality of programs
- Annually submit a financial report
- Assist in writing reports
- Manage the ordering and photocopying of program material
- Manage public relations connected with the programs
- Organize agendas, schedule meetings, and take minutes at meetings
- Assist in creating and regularly updating a website
- Assist in the development, support, and delivery of education initiatives related to the program
- Liaise with Community-based literacy organizations and the PEI Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
- Design play-based learning program for parents and children
- Develop summer camp programs
- Assist in collecting data for program evaluation and assist in preparing the annual evaluation of the program
- Perform other duties as required
We encourage all applicants with training and experience in education to apply.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or near completion of a bachelor’s degree
- Preference is given to applicants with experience in project management and a background in early childhood education or K-6 teaching
- Must have excellent writing, editing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to analyze, synthesize and process participant registration and performance data
- Experience developing, managing, and reporting budgets is required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.