UPDATE: UPEI Mandatory Vaccination Policy and Process
The following message was sent on August 27, 2021, to faculty, staff, and student @upei.ca email addresses by Office of the Vice-President Academic and Research and the Office of the Vice-President Administration and Finance.
Dear Members of the Campus Community,
In follow up to this week’s announcement requiring students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18, 2021, we are writing to provide you with detail as to how the UPEI Mandatory Vaccination Policy will work for those attending the campus for the 2021 Fall Academic Semester.
Mandatory Vaccination Process
- Students, faculty, and staff are asked to read the UPEI Mandatory Vaccination Policy and complete the online attestation form if applicable. Information will be kept confidential at the UPEI Health and Wellness Centre.
- For those students, faculty, and staff are not fully vaccinated, they will be required to either call 902-566-0616 or email the UPEI Health and Wellness Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment to be tested. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be tested weekly.
- Individuals will be notified of their results within two hours, only if they test positive. The PEI Chief Public Health Office (PEI-CPHO) will be notified and will provide direction to the individual.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be required to always wear a mask indoors unless eating or drinking.
- When individuals receive their second dose of vaccine, they will need to update and resubmit their attestation form to indicate the date of their second dose. If they received one dose of the Janssen vaccine, they are considered fully vaccinated.
This information, as well as “Frequently Asked Questions,” can also be found on UPEI’s Safe Return to Campus—COVID-19 Information web page.
If you have any questions regarding the Policy or Process, please email email@example.com
Vice-President Administration and Finance
Vice-President Academic and Research (Interim)