New COVID-19 measures in place at UPEI, effective immediately
With this weekend’s announcements by the PEI Chief Public Health Office (PEI-CPHO) to introduce circuit breaker restrictions and move to a modified red alert level for a period of 72 hours, UPEI will implement several measures and close the campus, effective immediately.
- In-person teaching, learning, and research activities will be suspended. Online/virtual course delivery will continue.
- UPEI will move back to an essential services model, where only limited number of essential employees will remain working on campus. Employees providing essential services will continue to work according to the schedule assigned by their supervisor. Other employees will work from home if possible.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Diagnostic Services, Animal Resources, and Central Services will continue to provide essential services and will follow plans in relation to external clients.
- The UPEI Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre gymnasium and fitness centre will be closed.
- The Robertson Library will be closed for in-person services.
- Campus buildings, with the exception of the W.A. Murphy Student Centre, will be locked. For individuals needing to enter buildings, their Salto proximity card must be used. If individuals need to enter buildings for essential purposes, but do not have Salto access, they should arrange access with their supervisor.
UPEI has a number of resources for students through UPEI Student Affairs, including personal counselling (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the International Student Office (email@example.com). UPEI faculty and staff can access the Employee Assistance Program at 1-800-387-4765 for support.