Associate Professor; Director, MBA Programs
BA, MAcct (Waterloo); PhD (British Columbia)
Dr. Wagner is currently an Associate Professor at UPEI’s Faculty of Business and is the Director of MBA Programs. Don teaches International Business, Income Taxation and Strategic Management. His current research focuses on microfinance.
- Director – MBA Programs, 2019 to present.
- Director – EMBA Program, 2009 - 2011, 2013 to 2017.
- University Review Committee, 2008 to present.
- Graduate Studies Advisory Committee, 2009 - 2011, 2013 to present.
- UPEI Textbook Working Group, 2013 to present.
- Internal-External Reviewer of UPEI’s Economics Department, 2011.
- Search Committees for New Faculty in the School of Business Administration, 2003, 2006, 2006/07 (chair), 2008/09 (chair), 2010 (chair).
- Search Committee for Faculty Positions in Economics, 2009 and 2010.
- Treasurer, Nicola Goddard Foundation, 2011 to present.
- Treasurer, Tip to Tip Fundraiser for The Townships Project, 2007, 2009 (co-treasurer for 2009).
- Treasurer, First Baptist Church - 2012 to present.
- Board of Trustees, First Baptist Church, 2012 to present, Co-Chair beginning 2013, Chair beginning 2014.
- Advisor/assistant to the Salama Shield Foundation, an organization with micro finance in Uganda, 2013 to present.
- Advisor/assistant to Phakamani Foundation, a microfinance activities institution based in White River, South Africa, 2010.
- international trade
- migration of skilled people
- economic development
- international taxation policy
- competing from a distance
- innovation and geography
- business strategy