President Recognition Award of Merit for Exemplary Service
The Presidential Recognition Award of Merit for Exemplary Service will be presented to a UPEI employee who has demonstrated outstanding service and/or who has made significant contributions to the University community beyond that normally expected of his/her position.
All staff who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. A person may be nominated multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The Awards Selection committee, chaired by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal, will review nominations, select a winner, and make a recommendation to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated outstanding service to the University community. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be:
Consistent, long-term, outstanding service to the UPEI community.
Evidence of successful efforts to improve the university experience for students, employees, and visitors to UPEI.
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by three signatures.
- Please prepare a dated and signed one-two page statement proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Within this statement the nominator must clearly state the category of activity for which they are applying on behalf of the nominee and provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Legal.