Health, Safety, and Environment
January 20, 2022: New report added – UPEI Classroom Ventilation Study
November 25, 2021: Revised form added – Anonymous Incident Report
November 18, 2021: Revised program guide (new name) – UPEI Biosafety Program Standard
The University of Prince Edward Island continues to monitor developments about the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). UPEI recommends that you seek information from official government sources. Learn more.
The Health, Safety, and Environment team believes that keeping the lines of communication open in the workplace—wherever its location—is crucial in helping us stay mentally and physically healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are checking the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox every day for any submitted incident reports. A Health, Safety, and Environment drop box installed with signage in Memorial Hall. The door to the foyer is always open and the drop box is located to the left as you walk in.
You may also contact the department at email@example.com. In some situations, we may not be able to answer all your questions, but we can certainly help direct your concerns to the appropriate resource, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Many individuals, teams, and groups have been responsive and creative in developing resources to support their UPEI colleagues during this COVID-19 situation:
- Human Resources COVID-19 FAQ - Any employees with specific questions about leaves should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ITSS Information on Working Remotely
- Sexual Violence and Prevention Office
- UPEI Contractor Protocol - Contractors, vendors, or consultants who come onto the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) campus to perform services are required to comply with the following requirements during the time they are on the University property.
- UPEI COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Plan - The campus takes the situation of a positive case very seriously and will take direction from CPHO on management of a potential outbreak.
It is our commitment to ensure UPEI is a healthy and safe environment to work, study, and visit. The Health, Safety, and Environment team will demonstrate and promote an internal responsibility system that expects all workplace parties to collaborate to identify, assess, and control all workplace hazards/risks to demonstrate our due diligence. We will provide oversight and guidance to ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation of PEI.
Liz Rostant-MacArthur, BSc, MSc
Health, Safety, and Environment Manager