ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Procurement Services
$47,039 to $51,795 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible to January 2, 2025
The University of Prince Edward Island is seeking applications from energetic and motivated individuals to join the Office of Procurement Services. This position will support University Procurement initiatives and assist clients in making procurement decisions that optimize the use of University funds. This position will report to the Manager of Procurement Services.
- Providing both operational and technical support to on-line procurement processes, including supporting the processing of requisitions and purchase orders
- Shared responsibility for departmental reception including providing support to all clients (general public and on-campus), via phone, email and in person
- Ensuring adherence to University policy and procedures related to procurement activities
- Providing support for Customs Clearance processes including responding to inquiries, liaising with customs brokerage staff, Accounts Payable staff, and supporting records maintenance
- Controlling, reassignment and disposal of surplus assets
- Credit card purchases and monthly reconciliations
- Maintain vendor database
- Maintaining campus vehicle fleet records
- Provide backup support to Shipping & Receiving
- Perform other related duties as required
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education in Office Administration with a minimum of two years progressive related work experience in a fast-paced confidential office environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications, electronic information systems and related software
- Excellent professional, customer service and communication skills, and work well under pressure
- Strong organizational and document management skills
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.