ADS Level 5 - Student Finance Clerk - Financial Services
$47,039.00 - 51,795.00 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
The Financial Services Office is seeking applications for the ADS Level 5 - Student Finance Clerk. Located in the Student Financial Services/Registrar’s Office and reporting to the Assistant Manager. The Student Finance Clerk is the first point of contact for persons requiring registrar and student financial assistance at the University. We are looking for a friendly, outgoing and confident team player. This position involves a wide variety of multi-tasking with deadlines and confidentiality.
- Providing exceptional customer service either at the counter, on the telephone or by email to students, faculty, staff, and general public in a fast-paced environment
- Assisting students throughout the course registration process, including course changes and discontinuations, changes to faculties, declaring majors & minors, transcript requests, degree audits, academic appeals, regulations and standing
- Analyzing student accounts to ensure proper fees are charged accordingly
- Financial aid assistance – scholarship, awards, bursary processing; verifying and processing student loans and confirmation of enrollments
- Processing and receipting University revenue from various sources, primarily students, such as tuition, fees, residence, and meal plans; including balancing daily cash and preparing bank deposit
- Other duties as requested
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary program in accounting, business, or similar
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment
- Energetic with a positive “people-first” attitude
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to be empathetic and have skills to de-escalate situations and identify the underlying issues of a problem
- Exemplary professional, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and functions, specifically in relation to accounts receivable activities, would be considered an asset
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets and database query programs would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while meeting regular deadlines
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.