ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Financial Services
$47,039 to $51, 795 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
ASAP – December 31, 2023
The Financial Services Office is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join their team. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Research & External Receivables, the ideal candidate needs to be confident, friendly, detail oriented, enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and have strong organizational skills.
- Providing customer service either at the counter, on the telephone or by email to students, faculty, staff, and general public
- Manage many daily inquiries (internal and external) that are received in the Financial Services Office and direct individuals to the proper area of the University to address their questions
- Manage the schedules of the office management team and set up meetings – including assessing priorities when requests for meetings are received
- Provide procedural advice and basic steps to UPEI staff regarding the UPEI invoicing and receipting process
- Processing and receipting University revenue for all non-student accounts receivables, balancing cash sheets, and preparing deposits.
- Gather/compile audit supporting documentation as required
- Prepare Journal, and other accounting related entries
- Opening and distributing mail
- Provide general administrative support to the Financial Services Office
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation and successful completion of a 2 year post-secondary program from a recognized educational institution in a related business, accounting, or office studies program
- One year related experience; an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in word processing, electronic information systems, spreadsheet and database applications
- Accuracy; attention to detail
- Experience with processing payments and cash handling
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of UPEI and its operations would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.