Student Assistant - The Office of Study Abroad & International Partnerships
$14.50 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – December 22, 2023
The Office of Study Abroad & International Partnerships is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. Reporting to the Manager of the Office of Study Aboard and International Partnerships, this position will focus on assisting in the facilitation and coordination of international projects and partnerships around study abroad and student exchange in which UPEI, its faculties and its departments are engaged.
The student will:
- Promote international opportunities to students
- plan and execute information sessions
- help to maintain and build the office’s website
- helping to coordinate incoming international visits
- assisting in the coordination of overseas partnership activities and updating all current international partner institution information
- assist in the creation of marketing material
- assist in maintaining all international mobility files and updating all study abroad opportunities
- other duties as required
- The successful candidate will ideally be a senior student, have international study abroad experience, and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
- This position requires strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal abilitie
- They will also be able to work in both a team environment and independently
- Have sound judgement and experience working with Faculty
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.