Maintentance Repair 1 (2 Positions) - Department of Facilities Management
$49,147 per annum, as per IBEW 1928
The University of Prince Edward Island, Facilities Management Department, is seeking applicants for two positions in Maintenance Repair. Knowledge of general building maintenance is an asset. Employees in this class perform skilled labour duties in the maintenance, renovation, and repair of buildings and equipment.
- Repairs to the building structure, constructs and installing wallboard, wall framing, ceiling grids, etc.
- Carries out maintenance, repairs and installation of wall coverings, wall protective systems and track systems. Installs white/bulletin boards, paper dispensers, keyboard trays, etc.
- Carries out maintenance and repairs to miscellaneous furniture and equipment such as chairs, tables, microwaves, beds, etc.
- Carries out initial investigation and minor repairs relating to plumbing, ventilation, and electrical systems, fire alarm systems and security systems
- Requisitions for material, supplies and tools relating to proposed or actual work being performed and inventory
- Uses power and hand tools to carry out work
- Assists in set up and tear down for events
- Such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Grade 12 education diploma is required
- Diploma, Certificate or Journeyman Certificate/License in a skilled trade
- Preference will be given Red Seal certification
- Five (5) years related experience in building maintenance is required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, email@example.com.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
For current UPEI employees who wish to apply for this position, click here, requires UPEI login.
For all others who wish to apply for this position, click here.